Energy Strategy and Resource Planning
Preston Energy conducts assessments of energy options, environmental planning and Approvals requirements, carbon management and compliance requirements including energy efficiency opportunities. We combine technical, commercial, planning and policy expertise to help clients make informed plans and take decisive action to optimise performance through energy and carbon management.
We work closely with clients to develop comprehensive energy strategies, determining the most efficient and timely use of resources. Using a rigorous risk management framework to Identify potentially problematic issues, we ensure that strategies to mitigate delays or disruptions are in place to maintain regulatory compliance and scheduled energy delivery.
We can assist clients in any or all stages of project planning and development through to and including financial closure and project implementation. We will revisit a project during the operational phase, focusing on changing cost and supply chain structures and regulatory requirements, to identify further opportunities for optimisation.
Preston Energy incorporates carbon exposure management into the following areas of energy supply development:
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for energy supply projects, ranging from traditional fossil fuels, to hybrid and stand-alone renewable systems
- Project design, procurement, implementation and operation
- Commercial and Industrial energy auditing, data collection and reporting in accordance with legislative and voluntary reporting requirements
- Identification of key supply chain sensitivities in exposure to a carbon price
- Investigation and management of carbon off-setting measures in line with a company’s marginal cost of carbon emissions and
- Identification of business risks and opportunities from the impact of climate change and/or related legislation.